As 2017 is coming to a close we would like to leave you with some advice from all the astropreneurs we engaged with this year!
From our Handbook
- “Stop waiting for the perfect time. It doesn’t exist. Just start. Now. And run hard. And if it fails – that’s just fine, because you’ll learn a lot from trying and you will waste less time and money than if you try to wait or go slowly.”
- “Have a north star, something that allows you and [your] team to be aligned around that is currently out of your reach but achievable.”
- “Align with the sustainable development goals. Take a look at the major problems of the world, summarized well by UN’s sustainable development goals, and ask if your startup is impacting one or more of these in a positive way.”
- “It is possible to create new markets and new industries and has been done throughout history.”
- “Disrupt your status quo. Challenge yourself. Success will reign.”
- “Never relent, never give up and keep pushing for good. Because it will come out great at the end. Ad astra per aspera.”
- “Failure is OK! Don’t take no for an answer.”
From the astropreneurs we interviewed
Find your purpose in life and stick to it, no matter what.
Don’t be afraid to take unexpected roads to fight for your purpose. Protip: It’s not going to be straight.
Never, ever give up
- Make sure you are surrounded with hard working people who have the same goals as you and never surrender. And be creative!
- Whatever business you are trying to build, stay strong and have your unique vision for an ideal future.
- A small team with an ambitious vision can shape the future of mankind
- Try to not do the things the same way traditional space industry has done.
- Find an example of a New Space company to follow.
- As a globally distributed team, we have come to appreciate how valuable it is to be together in person. There is a special energy that arises when co-founders are int he same room working together. The ability to bounce ideas off each other as they come up is a motivator and engine for creativity. To replicate this dynamic in a distributed team, regular and frequent communication is essential. Establish your communications setup early and don’t look back.
- You don’t need to be an expert in space to become and astropreneurs. If you have a big idea, a passion for space, and a curiosity that drives you to learn, then you can launch your venture. Find partners or co-founders that can help fill your gaps in knowledge and go for it!
- It doesn’t matter how old you are, you can make a difference in the space industry and help us become a space fairing race! We are at the cusp of having humans live, work, vacation, and explore the mysteries of our solar system. Nothing is impossible, said from a first generation Indian American.
- With the odds stacked against you, never give up in realizing your dream. You just have to believe that you will be an enabling factor to make a difference. Ad astra per aspera!
We hope that 2018 will be a year for you all to pursue you passions, projects, and astropreneurial ideas!
Best wishes from the Astropreneurs!